Photo by Carolyn Marie Photography, 2017
A more appropriate title might be what I'm writing about, but I also want to touch on the why of my new blog. When I started La Botella, I was just a girl who had graduated from college, working part time at a consignment shop, and looking for a creative outlet to satisfy the void. A quick search on youtube of how to cut glass bottles started this journey. I used a few of the more primitive methods that can be found online (which are pretty fun) then did more research over the past few years to get to a place where I feel confident in my process, tools and results. However, that is not to say there isn't plenty of room to grow. That's where this outlet comes in. I have a pretty loose idea of what I want to write about, DIY projects, tips for makers on how to get started with their own creative endeavors, experiences at markets, local highlights, inspiration, sustainable living tips, gardening musings. But the idea behind it all is a place to share what I have learned in hopes that it will help others.
I am not a writer, you may find sentences that defy the laws of grammar, or incomplete thoughts. But this is who I am, and I want to share my journey with you from my own authentic voice.
So, to kickoff. Here is a quick list of fun facts about myself.
1. I live in Raleigh, NC with my silly, intelligent, kind hearted fiance, Chris
2. I love animals, our crew consists of two mutts: Lucy and Frank and a horse: Bucket
3. I want to own a small farm in the future to keep chickens, bees and a large garden!
4. I work out of our basement, kitchen, office, living room, you name it. This place is a wreck.
5. My 9-5 is working as a digital marketing strategist at an agency that caters to law firms
6. Spain is where my soul shines
7. I am a vegetarian (a very slack one- but every little bit counts?)
8. I am barefoot as often as possible
9. I have too many hobbies
10. I am fascinated by horses' natural ability for healing and connection with humans, read up on Trauma Focused Equine Assisted Psychotherapy if this statement interests you.
11. I'm getting married in June 2018!
12. I graduated with a degree in fashion marketing and brand management from NC State
13. I am a feminist
14. Once I have made my mind up I can be very stubborn - working on this
15. Compassion is key
16. I really enjoy parallel parking
17. I am sensitive
18. I love the heat and humidity of NC summers
19. I have always lived in NC.
20. I fractured my back in a horseback riding accident this summer (August 2017) and am slowly getting back to work two months later.
So now you know a bit about me and I'm ready to start blogging... hopefully :)